Until things return to whatever normal is going to become, we are NOT taking in books.
While it may seem that our shelves are bursting at the seams, we are almost always taking in saleable books for cash or trade credit.
- Because of the high volume of books we are offered every day, we strongly suggest that you make an appointment to bring in books. While we may be able to look at books on-the-fly, those who have appointments always take priority and we must sometimes refuse books if we are too busy.
- We do not take donations and cannot dispose of books we cannot use. Books we are not able to purchase will be sent back with you.
- Customers buying books always have right-of-way over people selling books. We appreciate your patience.
- If you have one box of books or fewer, we can generally evaluate them any time between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm Tuesday through Friday.
- We can sometimes buy books on Saturdays, but please understand that you may have to wait longer than usual.
- If you have more than one box or something particularly special, we ask that you make an appointment. If you have a lot of books (more than 1000), we may be able to make a house call with sufficient notice.
- Usually we offer trade credit at 50% of the price we expect to sell the book for. When you purchase books, half of the purchase is taken off your trade account and you pay the other half plus tax with cash, check, or credit card.
- We are happy to offer cash for books as well, though we always pay a lower rate in cash than in trade credit.
- While we generally try to take books back that were purchased in our store, sometimes we are already overstocked in a particular title and simply cannot find the space for one more.
- We do not sell books that are in poor condition, no matter how old. We are not able to take books with extensive wear, soiling, highlighting, library marks, underlining, bad smells, or generally that are missing their dust jackets (if issued with one). We do not deal in broken sets, encyclopedias, Readers’ Digest condensed books, or dated (more than 5 years old) textbooks.
The kind of books we are looking for in good condition include:
- Academic theology
- Architecture & design
- Books about books
- Buddhism & Eastern Philosophy
- Children’s books
- Classic literature
- Contemporary literature
- Cookbooks, both recent & classic
- Current textbooks
- Fine bindings and small press
- Graphic novels
- Music books
- Northwest History
- Pop-up books
- True crime
- Young adult
- & much more